Lady Liberty 1885 by A. P. Dillon
With his latest veto (which is veto number 28, by the way) it is time for our periodic reminder that NC’s Democratic Governor Roy Cooper hates school choice – and by school choice, I do mean all school choice:
Cooper thinks charter schools promote segregation – he's calling over 100,000 students and their families racists.
— A.P. Dillon 🤨 (@APDillon_) December 27, 2018
Bob Luebke over at Civitas explains in more detail how Roy Cooper has just called the over 100,000+ charter school students in the state a bunch of racists:
On Friday, December 21st Gov. Cooper vetoed Senate Bill 469, a technical corrections bill which among other things, would have made municipal charter school employees eligible for state benefits.
In his veto statement Cooper said, “municipal charter schools set a dangerous precedent that could lead to taxpayer funded re-segregation. “
For years Gov. Cooper has been telling us how important education is and how we need to give our students the best possible education.
Gov. Cooper’s veto will make it more difficult for four municipalities in the Charlotte area to staff municipally-authorized charter schools.
Cooper said the bill would lead to “taxpayer funded re-segregation”[…]
ICYMI from Lady Liberty 1885:
- Cooper Loses In Court. Again.
- Cooper Dumps Nearly 20k Pipeline Slush Fund Documents. All Pretty Useless.
- Roy Cooper to 55% of NC Voters: You’re too dumb to use ID to vote
QUIET EPIDEMIC UPDATES:
- Trinity High School Employee Charged With Indecent Liberties Involving Disabled Student
- Former Wilson Prep Academy Teacher Arrested On Murder Charge
- Former Teacher and Volunteer at E. Forsyth High Plead Guilty to Sex Charges on Same Day
- Wake County Teacher Assistant Charged With Having Sex With A Student
- Report Accuses New Hanover Public School Admin Of Covering Up Sex Abuse And Racial Discrimination
************************Thank you for stopping by Grumpy Opinions and while you are here, please SUBSCRIBE to our Grumpy Opinions newsletter to receive our emails. You can also subscribe to Grumpy Opinions’ in our right sidebar or if you have a WordPress.com account, in our WordPress.com READER in the admin panel on the top left. Social media accounts: