Lady Liberty 1885 by A. P. Dillon
NC Governor Roy Cooper lost in court to the NCGA again this past week with the NC Supreme Court upholding a ruling made by the NC Court of Appeals.
The NC Supreme Court’s decision was unanimous: The legislature’s move to approve cabinet appointments made by the Governor does not violate the state constitution.
“Because none of plaintiff’s arguments about how to properly construe the two legislative confirmation provisions in the constitution are convincing, these arguments do not give us any basis on which to hold the senatorial confirmation provision in subsection 143B-9(a) unconstitutional,” wrote Chief Justice Mark Martin.
The decision runs through Cooper’s legal history with this specific complaint[…]
Below are several other articles worth checking out by Lady Liberty 1885:
- Cooper Dumps Nearly 20k Pipeline Slush Fund Documents. All Pretty Useless.
- Former Teacher and Volunteer at E. Forsyth High Plead Guilty to Sex Charges on Same Day
- Wake County Teacher Assistant Charged With Having Sex With A Student
- Report Accuses New Hanover Public School Admin Of Covering Up Sex Abuse And Racial Discrimination
- Wayne County High School Teacher Faces 20 Drug and Firearm Related Charges
- Wake County Substitute Charged with Assault on a Student
- Roy Cooper to 55% of NC Voters: You’re too dumb to use ID to vote
- WCPSS ‘Equity Affairs’ Office Now Costing Taxpayers $574,647 Per Year
************************Thank you for stopping by Grumpy Opinions and while you are here, please SUBSCRIBE to our Grumpy Opinions newsletter to receive our emails. You can also subscribe to Grumpy Opinions’ in our right sidebar or if you have a WordPress.com account, in our WordPress.com READER in the admin panel on the top left. Social media accounts: