If the threat of a Blue wave this coming November doesn’t move Americans off their sofas, then the threat of Democrats and NeverTrumper Republicans launching 100 or so investigations into all things President Donald J. Trump which include the President’s family, friends, staffers and business dealings should.
Progressives on the House Oversight Committee by use of their subpoena power should the left take the house will begin by approving the 52 subpoenaes that Republicans have to date turned down AND from there, it’s off to the races. The leader of the pack, Elijaah Cummings who as reported by HuffPost promised the following:
If Democrats win the majority in November, we would finally do what Republicans have refused to do, and that is conduct independent, fact-based, and credible investigations of the Trump Administration to address issues like the security clearance process, conflicts of interest, the numerous attempts by Republicans to strip away healthcare from millions of Americans, postal service reforms, prescription drug pricing, and voting rights[…]
Axios obtained a spreadsheet that was allegedly created by a senior Republican official in the House and is now being circulated amongst Congressional Republicans. The list is said to contain 52-100 (possibly more) subpoenaes requested to date by Democrats but blocked by Republicans.
If the House if flipped, Dems will begin here (see below):
- President Trump’s tax returns
- Trump family businesses — and whether they comply with the Constitution’s emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
- Trump’s dealings with Russia, including the president’s preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
- The payment to Stephanie Clifford — a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
- James Comey’s firing
- Trump’s firing of U.S. attorneys
- Trump’s proposed transgender ban for the military
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s business dealings
- White House staff’s personal email use
- Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
- Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
- Jared Kushner’s ethics law compliance
- Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Democrats will throw everything at the President but the kitchen sink.
As proven throughout the years, the cost the left’s dog and pony shows to taxpayer is of no concern to the same elected officials ignoring the concerns and plight of Americans and our veterans nationwide. The concerns of Democratic constituents are not on the table….PERIOD. It’s all about taking down President Donald J. Trump and Communist regaining power.
The endgame, as you know, is impeachment by any means necessary. Democrats must not, for the sake of the country, be allowed to re-take the House and/or the Senate.
H/t Breitbart News.
************************Thank you for stopping by Grumpy Opinions and while you are here, please SUBSCRIBE to our Grumpy Opinions newsletter to receive our emails. You can also subscribe to Grumpy Opinions’ in our right sidebar or if you have a WordPress.com account, in our WordPress.com READER in the admin panel on the top left. Social media accounts: