Lady Liberty 1885 by A. P. Dillon
Here are some updates on North Carolina Education from the last few weeks in March.
The General Assembly’s School Safety Committee met, the threats to schools continued, PTA treasurer charged with embezzlement, WCPSS Board learned nothing from Parkland and focuses on Elementary suspensions, and Superintendent Mark Johnson issued a ‘sweet challenge’.
1. 03-16-18 – Legislative Updates via the Department of Public Instruction
- Joint Legislative Task Force on Education Finance Reform
- Birth-3rd Grade Interagency Council
- Select Committee on School Safety
- State Board of Education Vice Chair Buddy Collins Resigns
- HB 90 – Changes to Education and Election Laws – is now law.
2. 03-19-18 – Innovative School District Updates via Carolina Journal
Snippet from the press release:
The Innovative School District Recommends Operator for Southside Ashpole Elementary
Today, at a special called meeting of the State Board of Education (SBE), held via conference call, Innovative School District (ISD) Superintendent, Dr. Eric Hall, recommended Achievement for All Children (AAC) as the operator for Southside Ashpole Elementary in Rowland, NC beginning in the 2018-19 academic year[…]
************************Thank you for stopping by Grumpy Opinions and while you are here, please SUBSCRIBE to our Grumpy Opinions newsletter to receive our emails. You can also subscribe to Grumpy Opinions’ in our right sidebar or if you have a WordPress.com account, in our WordPress.com READER in the admin panel on the top left. Social media accounts: