The marching bands of Alabama’s historically Black College, Talladega College, Marching Tornadoes (photo left) and the University of Tennessee, Pride of the Southland Band (photo right) are under attack by fascist alumni and snowflakes across the United States because the marching bands has accepted the invitation to participate in Washington, D.C.’s inaugural parade two weeks from today.
How dare the college students who are excited over their role in the transition process and history speak for themselves.
Enter the dark side of Twitter and petitions at Change.org demanding that the bands not participate in the inaugural parade with their “Trump is racist” meme.
Campus Reform by Kassy Dillon
“I respectfully request that Talladega College Band withdraw from any inaugural events for Donald Trump,” states the petition created by Shirley Ferrill, an alumna. “In view of his behavior and comments I strongly do not want Talladega College to give the appearance of supporting him.”
A counter petition, which had received nearly 400 signatures at press time, was also created to urge the band not to back out.
“As a supporter of the Talladega College Band I am in agreement that Talladega College Band should participate in the 58th Presidential Inauguration Parade,” the counter-petition asserts. “We believe that this parade is not about politics[;] it’s about seeing first hand the process of a transition….”
Fascists at the University of Tennessee claim that they’re petitioning for what is best for the University.
Immediately after officials of the Trump transition team released the list of 40 plus groups, among them veterans organizations, college and first responder marching bands expected to participate in Washington, D.C.’s inaugural parade down Pennsylvania Avenue, the knives came out from fascists demanding that participants withdraw.
While the historically and politically correct, Howard University has declined to participate in the inaugural parade, Talladega College’s 200-member Marching Tornadoes see it as an opportunity to put them on the map and not about politics or the president-elect.
…the issue is bigger than any president. “I’m very excited. I think it’ll put our school on the map. It’s not so much about Donald Trump, it’s about our school, and I’m all about our school and all about our band. I feel like it’s a good idea,” said Shylexis Robinson, a member of the Talladega College Band…
As stated by a band member, “their motto is ‘March on,’ and that it what she and her band mates plan to do…”
Every branch of the United States military will be represented along with the list of organizations (below) who will be participating in the inaugural parade.
- 1st Cavalry Division Horse Cavalry Detachment – Fort Hood, Texas
- 1st Infantry Commanding General’s Mounted Color – Ft. Riley, Kansas
- Boone County Elite 4-H Equestrian Drill Team – Burlington, Kentucky
- Caisson Platoon, Fort Myer – Fort Myer, Virginia
- Cleveland Police Mounted Unit – Cleveland, Ohio
- Coastal Florida Police & Fire Pipes & Drums – Palm Coast, Florida
- Columbus North High School Band – Columbus, Indiana
- Culver Academy Equestrian – Culver, Indiana
- First Troop Philadelphia City Cavalry – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Fishburne Military School Army JROTC Caissons Battalion – Fishburne, Virginia
- Frankfort High School Band – Ridgeley, West Virginia
- Franklin Regional High School Panther Marching Band – Murrysville, Pennsylvania
- Indianapolis Metro Police Motorcycle Drill Team – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kids Overseas – Richmond Hill, Georgia
- Lil Wranglers – College Station, Texas
- Marist College Band – Poughkeepsie, New York
- Merced County Sheriff’s Posse – Hilmar, California
- Michigan Multi-Jurisdictional Mounted Police Drill Team & Color Guard – Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Mid America Cowgirls Rodeo Drill Team – New Buffalo, Michigan
- Nassau County Firefighters Pipes & Drums – East Meadow, New York
- North Carolina Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association – Hillsborough, North Carolina
- NYPD Emerald Society Pipes & Drums – East Moriches, New York
- Olivet Nazarene University – Bourbonnais, Illinois
- Palmetto Ridge High School Band – Naples, Florida
- Russellville High School Band – Russellville, Arkansas
- Talladega College Band – Talladega, Alabama
- Texas State University Strutters – San Marcos, Texas
- The Citadel Regimental Band & Pipes and Summerall Guards – Charleston, South Carolina
- The Freedom Riders – Kersey, Colorado
- Tragedy Assistance Marching Unit – Arlington, Virginia
- Tupelo High School Band – Tupelo, Mississippi
- University of Tennessee Marching Band – Knoxville, Tennessee
- VMI Corps of Cadets – Lexington, Virginia
- West Monroe High School Marching Band – West Monroe, Louisiana
- American Veterans – National
- Boy Scouts of America – National
- US Customs and Border Protection Office of Field Operations – National
- Disabled American Veterans – National
- US Border Patrol Pipes & Drums – National
- Wounded Warriors – National
************************Thank you for stopping by Grumpy Opinions and while you are here, please SUBSCRIBE to our Grumpy Opinions newsletter to receive our emails. You can also subscribe to Grumpy Opinions’ in our right sidebar or if you have a WordPress.com account, in our WordPress.com READER in the admin panel on the top left. Social media accounts: