Lady Liberty 1185 by Liberty Speaks
Since President Obama still has a “laundry list” of legacy issues for the remainder of his term, we are compiling our own laundry list of information on SCOTUS nominee Judge Merrick Garland of the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.
The majority of this the information was not found on conservative sites. That should tell you something.
This list will be updated as needed, and it will be divided into categories as to make it easier for updates as they come in.
- Native of Chicago
- Harvard University (1974)
- Harvard Law (1977)
- Clerked for various Judges (1978-81)
- Assistant U.S. Attorney for D.C. ( 1989-92)
- Private Practice – Arnold & Porter (1992-93)
- Various US DOJ Assistant Attorney General Roles (1993-97)
- Appointed to U.S. Court of Appeals in D.C. by President Clinton (1997)
- Was considered to replace Stevens (2010)
- Became Chief Judge of the D.C. Court of Appeals (2013)
- Nominated for SCOTUS (March 2016)
Jamie Gorelick a.k.a. the Mistress of Disaster has been cited in a few places as a ‘key mentor’ of Garland’s.
Famous for the “Gorelick Wall“:
“The Gorelick memo of 1995 erected a “wall” between counter-intelligence and law enforcement, which impeded investigation of al Qaeda in the run-up to the 9/11 attacks. Jamie Gorelick, then working as Deputy Attorney General under Janet Reno was author of the memo.”
Despite all of that, Gorelick was considered in 2011 for heading up the FBI[…]
************************Thank you for stopping by Grumpy Opinions and while you are here, please SUBSCRIBE to our Grumpy Opinions newsletter to receive our emails. You can also subscribe to Grumpy Opinions’ in our right sidebar or if you have a WordPress.com account, in our WordPress.com READER in the admin panel on the top left. Social media accounts: