This episode of Our American Republic looks at the difference between citizens of a nation and subjects of a lord, or slaves of a master. American Citizens hold legal status in the United States above that of foreigners. But, how is being a citizen different than any other status? Why is it that American Government may not order a law-abiding citizen to do something against his/her will? Lets find out!
Sources: (Annotations visible on desktops with Adobe Flash)
1. Rule of Law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_law
2. The Thirteenth Amendment: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/thirteenthamendment.html
3. Two Treatises of Government, John Locke: http://socserv2.mcmaster.ca/econ/ugcm/3ll3/locke/government.pdf
4. Constitution of the United States, Amendments 13, 14, and 15. http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_amendments_11-27.html
5. Civil Rights, http://youtu.be/QXNyJnTMdzE
6. Human Rights, http://youtu.be/jwRg_kWJceU
Thank you for visiting Grumpy Opinions and sharing our work. Feel free to SUBSCRIBE to Grumpy Opinions near top of the right sidebar, our newsletter or in your Wordpress.com READER. You are welcome to check Grumpy Opinions out or leave a message at:
https://www.facebook.com/GrumpyOpinions2016/, https://gab.ai/PUMABydesign, https://twitter.com/PUMABydesign001, https://twitter.com/PUMAbydesign and https://plus.google.com/+GrumpyelderGrumpyOpinions2016.
Please share with fellow patriots and friends everywhere.