Most parents are still unaware how much personal information the Government want to collect about you, and your family under the pretext of “helping the children”
The South Dakota Legislature figured it out, and they didn’t like it. During the 2014 Legislative Session, the South Dakota Legislature unanimously passed and the governor signed into lawSB 63, An Act to protect the privacy of the records of individual students. Within this law are these requirements:
No elementary school or secondary school student shall be required to submit to a survey,
analysis, or evaluation that reveals information concerning:
(1) Political affiliations or beliefs of the student or the student’s parent;
(2) Mental or psychological problems or aspects of the student or the student’s family;
(3) Sex behavior or attitudes of the student or the student’s family;
(4) Illegal, anti-social, self-incriminating, or demeaning behavior;
(5) Critical appraisals of other individuals with whom respondents have close family relationships;
(6) Legally recognized privileged or analogous relationships, such as those of lawyers, physicians, and ministers;
(7) Religious practices, affiliations, or beliefs of the student or student’s parent;
(8) Personal or family gun ownership; or
(9) Income (other than that required by law to determine eligibility for participation in a program or for receiving financial assistance under such program);
without the prior consent of the student (if the student is an adult or emancipated minor), or in the case of an unemancipated minor, without the prior written consent of the parent.
Other States need to immediately follow suit.. There are almost 400 data points included in scheme, some are actually illegal to collect, but as we know, if this adminitration doesn’t like a law, they simply change or ignore it..
From the Website, What is Common Core dot com:
IS COMMON CORE RELATED TO STUDENT DATA MINING?
Yes. But Secretary Arne Duncan told the American Society of News Editors that opponents make “outlandish claims. They say that the Common Core calls for federal collection of student data. For the record, we are not allowed to, and we won’t.”
He just told a bold-faced lie. The federal Edfacts Exchange collects data for local, state and federal levels. The federal government paid for the states to build matching and interoperable State Longitudinal Database Systems. The White House hosts Datapalooza where Common Core and common data standards are spoken of warmly and together. The Department of Education is listed as a partner at the EIMAC (Education Information Management Advisory Consortia) There are many other things that the Department of Education has done to take away student privacy, aiming aims to align common data standards with common educational standards.
WHAT SPECIFICALLY DID THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION DO TO REMOVE PRIVACY FROM STUDENT DATA?
– It bribed the states with ARRA Stimulus monies to build 50 linkable, twinlike State Longitudinal Database Systems (SLDS). This created a virtual national database.
– It altered the (previously privacy-protective) federal FERPA (Family Educational Rights Privacy Act) law to make access to personally identifiable student data –including biological and behavioral data– “legal”. Now, the act of requiring parental consent (to share personally identifiable information) has been reduced from a requirement to just a “best practice” according to the altered federal FERPA regulations.
This information, once collected will never leave a child’s permanent.. There’s already talk about forwarding the data to the Department of Labor when a student leaves the school system. Sixty years from now when he or she applies for Social Security, it will be there for the clerk at the Social Security office to read..
Thank you for visiting Grumpy Opinions and sharing our work. Feel free to SUBSCRIBE to Grumpy Opinions near top of the right sidebar, our newsletter or in your Wordpress.com READER. You are welcome to check Grumpy Opinions out or leave a message at:
https://www.facebook.com/GrumpyOpinions2016/, https://gab.ai/PUMABydesign, https://twitter.com/PUMABydesign001, https://twitter.com/PUMAbydesign and https://plus.google.com/+GrumpyelderGrumpyOpinions2016.
Please share with fellow patriots and friends everywhere.