Guns vs. Butter Model: In macroeconomics, the guns versus butter model is an example of a simple production possibility frontier. It demonstrates the relationship between a nation’s investment in defense and civilian goods.
In this example, a nation has to choose between two options when spending its finite resources. It can buy either guns (invest in defense/military) or butter (invest in production of goods), or a combination of both. This can be seen as an analogy for choices between defense and civilian spending in more complex economies. [Source: Wikipedia]
Not to be confined to traditional macroeconomic theory, President Obama has once again done what he always has done so frequently in his first term…
He added a third component to the economic ‘model’ referenced above.
The new-and-improved Obama ‘Model’ is no longer ‘Guns vs. Butter’, but rather:
“Guns vs. Butter vs. Ideology”
Surprisingly enough, the President’s Ideology has trumped traditional, ‘old, Bearded, White guy Economics’ or, ‘OBWGE’ modeling.
Seriously, who saw THIS coming?
Well, off the top of my head, I’m thinking just shy of 50% of Americans who voted in the last election DID. You know, those racists (count me IN! as I didn’t vote for the man) who were really hoping that this chuckle-head would not get re-elected to Jimmy Carter’s third term.
Four more years of ‘Turkey on Rye’ with one heaping helping of ‘Malaise’ tossed in… But you know, this is probably just ME being racist, woman-hating, or right-wing ‘extreme’ and all…
Hey, but enough about ME!!!
Let’s get back to the subject of today’s post:
“Guns vs. Butter vs. Ideology”
While you were buying YOUR turkey, your stuffing, and your butter, your President and his Administration were hard at work doing what they do best…
Shrinking our National Defense capabilities AND [BONUS!] sending your money (we’re borrowing) overseas to support ‘Green Initiatives’ in Indonesia and Brunei!!!
|[MoosNote: Soon to be ‘FEWER’]|
From the Examiner.com: Obama fires 20,000 Marines, promises billions to Muslim green energy
In an article published by San Diego, California’s North County Times, Military Affairs reporter Gretel C. Kovach cites; “The Corps is shrinking by 20,000 Marines, to 182,100.”
The North County Times also cited that America’s premier fighting force is; “scraping to repair or replace battle-worn equipment.
In spite of the Nobel Peace Prize award winning Obama ordering a recent surge in combat troops the Afghanistan theater of war, Kovach also pointed out that America’s beloved Marine Corps is still to be slashed by roughly 10 percent; “despite no sign of an enemy collapse.”
Earlier this week, Breitbart.com covered the recent agreement Barack Obama has promised billions of Yankee dollars to the oil-rich and overwhelmingly Muslim nations of Indonesia and Brunei.
As reported, $6,000,000,000 worth of American taxes has been promised to the two neighboring nations to promote “green energy.”
Many green energy companies in the United States, such as Solyndra and About Solar have been dismal failures despite the over $1,200,000,000 infusion of tax dollars from the Obama Administration.
From the Breitbart.com article: Obama Promises Six Billion For Green Energy In Asia
Yesterday the United States, Brunei, and Indonesia formed the US-Asia Pacific Comprehensive Partnership for a Sustainable Energy Future, and President Barack Obama promised up to $6 billion for the green energy idea.
“The Partnership will offer a framework for consolidating and expanding energy and environmental cooperation across existing regional forums to advance efforts to ensure affordable, secure, and cleaner energy supplies for the region,” said the White House.
There are four specific priorities the Partnership wants to concentrate on: renewables and cleaner energy; markets and interconnectivity; the emerging role of natural gas; and sustainable development.
This is how the $6 billion will be split:
• The Export-Import Bank of the United States will launch a program to make available up to $5 billion in export credit financing to eligible countries in the region over the next four years to increase access to American technology, services and equipment for the implementation of energy infrastructure projects.
• The U.S. State Department will oversee a $1 million energy capacity-building fund to support partnership activities via project preparation and technical assistance
I feel the need for a sanity check coming on, please bear with me…
- We are giving these folks money so they can BUY ‘green energy products’ from U.S.?Isn’t this akin to giving the stuff away for FREE? You know, since we’re GIVING THEM THE MONEY in the first place? (i.e.: “Hey buddy, take my five bucks, you want to try our $5 Value Meal – you’ll like it… Hey, dude where are you going with that five spot I just gave you?!?!”) Does anyone really expect the ‘loans’ to be repaid?
- Indonesia is ranked 21st in the world in Oil Reserves – how come they’re not solving their own energy issues? Did they ask for help, or did Obama just ‘commit to give them stuff’ like he so often does? (“Everyone gets an Obama Phone“)
- Why all the love for the Muslim countries? How about a little love for Ireland Mr. O’bama? After all, you’re Irish too, aren’t you?
- Some funds will be used to study the evolving role of Natural Gas? [Moos Note: I LIVE in New York State – we are NOT ALLOWED to retrieve, explore, or otherwise use accepted technologies to extract Natural Gas IN New York State – why should I pay for them to do THERE what we can’t do here???]
- Sorry, but WHY is the US State Department taking one-sixth of the budget for this? Does this mean that 1/6 of the total amount is going towards G&A expenses? That seems a ‘bit’ high, even for government work. The document above by Government Contract Associates says that the AVERAGE G&A should not exceed 11%. Sorry, but that’s just basic ‘Math’. And President Obama so loves his ‘Math’…
In the end we have an expansion of what we’ve had before, the President of the United States attempting to define the ‘winners’ in our economy.
No longer content to steer national policy towards his ‘Green Initiatives’ he now extends the hand of friendship (while holding your American Express card in it) to Asian countries in an attempt to drive revenue toward his campaign donors, bundlers, core constituency groups, and other “FOO’s” (friends of Obama’s). It’s Liberal Progressivism gone… Global.
Don’t worry, someone will come along and pay for it.
Most likely it’ll be your kids.
Send them off to school tomorrow and tell them everything will be okay.
You’ve lied to them before.
Remember when you told them about…
Yeah, this almost EXACTLY like that, but instead of the broccoli ‘passing’ through them within 24 hours, this crap will be stuck in their gullets for their entire life.
Where’s the Hope? Where’s the Change?
Now it’s just ‘Forward!’
But this time, in the Second Term, the World is his Oyster – an International ‘more-of-the-same’ Presidency.
Good luck with that kids…