President Obama’s attempts to wriggle free from his own words and actions on Libya are making things worse.
American Crossroads, taking exception to Obama’s announcement last night that he really had declared Benghazi to be an act of terrorism, has sent out a memo, which reads:
The President clearly misled the American people with this claim, because if Obama’s Rose Garden speech was indeed the White House position, it did not inform any subsequent statement by the White House press office — and was even directly contradicted by his own spokesman several days later.
On September 20 — eight days after Obama claims to have called the Benghazi attack an “act of terror” — Jay Carney affirmed to reporters that the White House had never called it “a terrorist attack.”
- More on debate scandal – Is Libya or binders more important (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- FACT CHECK Obama: Did Not Call Benghazi ‘Act Of Terror’ (conservativebyte.com)
- Flashback: On September 20 Jay Carney Told Reporters White House “Hadn’t” called Benghazi a “Terrorist Attack” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- EDITORIAL: Obama’s Benghazi lie – Washington Times (gds44.wordpress.com)
- More than a Week After Benghazi, WH Spox Jay Carney Admitted that Administration Had Not Called It a Terrorist Attack (pjmedia.com)
- FACT CHECK: Did Obama really call consulate attack in Libya an ‘act of terror’? (foxnews.com)
- Carney, Week After Rose Garden Speech: ‘We Hadn’t’ Called It Terrorism (nationalreview.com)
- Obama Called Libya Attack Terrorism Long Before Romney (thinkprogress.org)