- Grumpy Educators
- Grumpy Opinions
- Washington Critters
That’s right if you live in Michigan it perfectly legal for you to chain your alligator to the parking meter next to the hydrant or two the telephone pole a few feet away. But don’t chain your gator to a fire hydrant or you might go to jail… Alligators aren’t native to Michigan and I doubt many people own up their own any…. If they do, and they want to try and put a chain on it …………………. be my guest
That’s one of thousands of silly laws you’ll find on the books, all the states have some-
People do strange things, therefore most weird laws are written to help straighten them out. Some of these bizarre laws almost seem like urban myths or too ridiculous to be real,
1. In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog.
2. In Salt Lake County, Utah, it’s illegal to walk down the street carrying a violin in a paper bag.
3. In San Francisco, it’s illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
4. In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude.
5. In Bozeman, Montana, a law prohibits all sexual activity from the front yard of a home after sundown.
6. In California it is illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour. (that would be one clever trick)
7. In Florida men seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown can be fined.
8. In South Carolina it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays. A quick glace suggests this is true in several states…
9. In Tennessee, you are breaking the law if you drive while sleeping.
10. In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is: Death.
12. In Connersville, Wisconsin, during sexual intercourse, it is against the law for a man to fire his gun whilst the woman in having an orgasm.
17. In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered “simple assault,” but biting someone with your dentures is “aggravated assault.”
18. In the state of Washington, it is illegal to have sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (Including the wedding night.)
That’s just a few examples from 100 Weird Laws From Around the World
Some of those laws may have may been created for some obscure reason years ago. Maybe someone did have alligator that they chained to a fire hydrant. Possibly someone everyone hated jumped off a building in New York City and lived.
However now it’s becoming clear government is passing laws creating regulations because they can. Often the laws are created to protect big money business interests, or to shut up a group of noisy special interest organizations.
The raid on Gibson Guitar proved that obscure regulations in foreign countries because you get in big trouble here in the United States because you can’t prove that certain piece of wood that violate environmental regulations in another country.
Last summer there was a rash of news articles about police shutting down little kids lemonade stands. That’s where John Stossel’s Illegal Everything video starts. It’s a long video, but everyone needs to see what he’s found out..
Time to start replacing lawmakers??????
You hear a lot of people talk about you nothing legislature’s and do nothing Congress, I didn’t believe legislative gridlock is a good thing, it keeps them from mucking stuff up worse than they already have. One thing that I have observed is that there is a legitimate need in a legislative body has to act, they will. If there is no urgency, one side or the other will try and convince the public there is an urgent need to take away more of your freedom.
By the way: if you happen to live in Florida having sexual intercourse with a porcupine is illegal.