Yesterday LibertyNewsNetwork posted a piece from the Blaze about a teacher in Iowa who was teaching communism to his students
From The Blaze, over the weekend, comes the story of one Patrick Brennan, a school teacher at a Des Moines, Iowa High School, who has apparently and allegedly been teaching communism to his students.
Yes, I know: “Horrors!” (he mused sarcastically)
Why this is news to anyone is the actual story here. While I wouldn’t go as far as ho-humming the story, it is not new “news.”
What? You expected Union teachers who are rabidly clamoring for raising your taxes, so that they can have additional benefits, even though it means your government will go bankrupt, to teach Constitutionalism?
I decided to add a little bit to the story,,
I’m going to get in trouble.. but I’m going to mention a name that’s been vilified by the left for the last sixty years.. yet in many ways he’s a hero and one reason what you’re seeing happen to America now didn’t happen a generation, possibly two generations before it did.. Joe McCarthy slowed it down and with the help of some mistakes the Soviets made managed to almost stop the communist movement in America– McCarty had it right.
FDR had managed to surround himself with communists, whether it was intentional or not, is a subject for debate,, so is whether Moscow was spending more payroll money on the Kremlin or the White House. The list of spies is amazing. One of FDR’s closest advisers, Heney Drexler White was not only a Soviet Spy he was almost tagged to be Roosevelt’s vice president.
Long ago the the Old Soviets figured out one of the keys to undermine American values was through our schools. It’s not hard to figure out the the communist influence is still active in our colleges and universities- The evidence is in the signs that decorate the Occupy Camps– That the Communists are still actively trying to undermine our way of life can be seen in the signs carried in parades sponsored by the SEIU and LaRaza. One of Barrack Obama’s early mentors was an communist, as is Van Jones who was Obama’s Green Jobs Czar..
Much of Joe McCarthy’s time was spent looking for Communists in the wrong places. Americans didn’t really care if some Hollywood producer or actor was a communist. Americans loved Hollywood at the time, and McCarthy was maligning people Americans idolized.
His other target, Communists in Government was politically foolish. The Democrats, very likely with some reluctant help from Harry Truman managed to protect most of the Government officials McCarthy tried to investigate.
I think the reaction would have been different had he started exposing the Communist at the Colleges and Universities where unwitting parents were spending large amounts of money to have their children indoctrinated by card carrying communists…
Take a look at these notes that came from a Columbia student around 1958.
Joes, K., and Olivier, R. (1956). Progressive Education is REDucation. Boston: Meador Publishing Company
“[V]erbatim notes from the required course, Education 200Fa, Foundations of Education, given at Teachers College, Columbia University:
- Democracy is not a form of government (the idea that the United States of America is a Republic was ridiculed). Democracy is a way of living, a social panacea. The all-inclusive definition of “democracy” given in this course defined, not American democracy, but Communist democracy.
- “You won’t get democracy,” said Professor Rugg, “until you change the economic base.”
- The capitalists waste and exploit and their only desire is for profits. Individually operated business enterprises must go and our economy must be “planned” for us by the central government.
- Private property now means “use for all the people.”
- There must be redistribution of wealth as, for example, by governmental deficit financing. Since some of our national income is held by people who do not spend it, the “government has to step in and spend it for them.”
- The agencies of communications (press, radio, TV, etc.) must be controlled by these believers in “democracy.” Professor Rugg: “If you control these you can raise a barrier between people and other sets of ideas.”
- A plan for full employment (such as the Beveridge plan) would comprise government control of housing, fuel and food, control and regulation of all private industry, extension of public industry, full production by spending, and complete organization and mobility of labor.
- The United States Senate is a bottleneck to worldwide economic planning.
- The prejudice against negroes in the United States is “fraught with the greatest threat to our national life.”
- Ideas and values in American life are happily “changing.” Such items as moral values and the “changing role of government” were stressed.
- Education must be based on “our changing world” and the four curricular areas should be: Work (vocational), Health, Leisure, and Creative Activities. Education must be directed toward producing the kind of men and women they (Teachers Colleges) want. Some of the means at hand are sociology, psychology and expressions of art which have a “social message.” Youth must be given a “sense of indubitable obligations.”
- Education of the last generation was inadequate because it was standardized (a child in a particular grade moving to another community would find the same work going on); it was inadequate because there was too much stress on the past rather than being “an enterprise in living”; it was inadequate because “discipline and control were imposed by the teacher,” “order and quiet were imposed by command,” the goal was “a gentleman educated in the classics,” and control was “in the hands of the upper classes.”
— Jones, K., and Olivier, R. (1956). Progressive Education is REDucation. Boston: Meador Publishing Company…
Now lets take it a step farther and look at another Document..
The Document which dates back to roughly 1958 was read into the Congressional Record January 10, 1963
List of 45 Communist Goals in 1958
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35January 10, 1963Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [“]united force[“] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
That folks is the kind of thinking that’s led to countless Educational Reforms that haven’t done a lot to produce a better educated student, unless you count politically correct indoctrination as knowledge.
As you can see, many of those goals have found their way into mainstream America. Much of it through indoctrination by our school system. The currnet Administration is hard at work on a scheme to centralize education as we speak..
More importantly, Congress, mostly under control of the Democrats have passed law after law since 1963 that have helped allow these goals to be met.
Those of you that are familiar with UN Agenda 21 are probably shaking your heads at the similarities.. I sure did, but before you buy a bucket of tar and head to DC, remember it was Bush Senior who signed Agenda 21 for the US, It has yet to be ratified by the US Senate..
It’s not over, and it’s not going away any time soon
Obama is trying to use implement as much of it as possible via Executive Order and Regulation.
- Van Jones Exploits Children to Push Communist Agenda (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Gentle Voice of Reason (lewrockwell.com)
- Communist Leadership in Occupy Movement – Links to Re-election (grumpyelder.com)